Our ushers help our guests and regular attendees locate seats, specializing in finding places for those with small children and babies, and those with special seating requirements (such as those with walkers, canes, wheelchairs). Our ushers also assist with any urgent need that may occur during the service.
In Summary, our goals and objectives are:-
- To serve with excellence
- Be active in furthering the vision and mission of Zion Baptist Church
- Exhibit a welcoming attitude to everyone who enters the church
- Encourage each member to fulfill his/her own ministry by offering support
- Be creative and innovative regarding new ways to create a more welcoming atmosphere for our guest
- Be familiar with all announcement materials and speak with clarity and confidence at all times.
- Ensure that all first-time visitors receive a visitors card or a welcome packet before they leave the church
- Give welcome messages that project warmth, friendliness, and a spirit of joy and enthusiasm
If you like helping people and are able to respond quietly and quickly when a need arises, consider using your skills in serving as an usher. Church members with the desire to serve others will find true fulfillment in this ministry.